To have an exceptional fireplace, you have to be able to incorporate the whole appearance with a fantastic hearth surround design. With the selections of marble, you are able to buy a sleek, shiny finish or even sealer on the hearth surrounds, which really makes it an easy task to wipe clean and continue it protected.
Images about Fireplace Surrounds Cheap
Fireplace Surrounds Cheap
Often times, these fireplaces are usually big and may occupy an entire structure. Retrofitting a brick experienced fireplace is able to bring elegance and class to an usually dull circumstance. If the fireplace pretty much exists, the usual behavior is actually to use individual tiles to cover whatever material is actually on the face.
Harrisburg Standard Size Mantel
You can shop on the internet because of this type of surround or maybe you are able to browse your neighborhood yellow pages to look for restoration companies that specialize in refurbishing these surrounds. This’s the one sure way of realizing that the result will be exactly what you asked for.
Leesburg Fireplace Mantel Standard Sizes
Nowadays, a lot of companies extend or sell surrounds that you are able to make use of in the fireplace of yours. When you want to be away from all of it, lightweight a fire, grab a very good book and you’re set. They can make tough to remove stains in case left to set in.
Acadia Wood Fireplace Mantel
Fireplace Mantel Builder Mantels Westin MantelCraft
Fireplace Mantels For Sale: The #1 Mantel Kit Store Online
Bridgewater Fireplace Mantel Standard Sizes
Hand Hewn Fireplace Mantel 8×8
Fireplace Surrounds – M-Rock Stone Solutions
How to Build a Fireplace Mantel in 5 Steps – This Old House
The Giada – Concrete Fireplace Surround
Pearl Mantels 48-in W x 10.5-in H x 9-in D Dune Pine Wood Rustic
15 Awesome DIY Fireplace Surround Ideas
- Fireplace Without Surround
- Cobblestone Fireplace Surround
- Venetian Plaster Fireplace Surround
- Louis Fireplace Surround
- Fireplace Mantel And Surround Kits
- Georgian Marble Fireplace Surround
- Cheap Fireplace Mantel Surround
- Fireplace Surround Hearth Trim Products
- Fireplace Surround Installation
- How To Make A Stone Fireplace Surround
Title: Fireplace Surrounds on a Budget: Creating a Cozy and Affordable Hearth
A fireplace is not only a functional heating source but also a charming centerpiece that adds warmth and character to any home. However, the cost of fireplace surrounds can often be prohibitive, leaving homeowners seeking affordable alternatives. In this article, we will explore various ways to create cheap fireplace surrounds without compromising on style or quality.
I. DIY Fireplace Surrounds: Unleash Your Creativity
When it comes to affordability and customization, do-it-yourself (DIY) fireplace surrounds are an excellent option. By using readily available materials and your ingenuity, you can craft a unique and budget-friendly fireplace surround.
One popular choice for DIY surrounds is reclaimed wood. Salvaging old barn wood or pallets can add rustic charm to your fireplace while keeping costs low. Simply measure the dimensions of your fireplace and cut the wood accordingly. Secure the pieces together using nails or screws, then finish with a stain or paint of your choice for added protection and aesthetic appeal.
1. Can I use any type of wood for a reclaimed wood fireplace surround?
While most types of wood can be used for a reclaimed wood surround, softwoods like pine or cedar are often more affordable and readily available options.
2. How can I ensure my DIY reclaimed wood surround is fire-safe?
To make your DIY surround fire-safe, it is crucial to maintain proper clearance between the wood and the fireplace opening as recommended by local fire safety codes.
II. Faux Stone Fireplace Surrounds: Affordable Elegance
For homeowners seeking an elegant and sophisticated look without breaking the bank, faux stone fireplace surrounds offer an ideal solution. These artificial stone veneers closely mimic the appearance of natural stone while being much more cost-effective.
Faux stone veneers are lightweight and easy to install, making them perfect for DIY enthusiasts. They come in various designs and colors, allowing you to create a surround that matches your aesthetic preferences. With their low maintenance requirements and durability, faux stone fireplace surrounds provide long-lasting beauty at an affordable price.
1. Can faux stone veneers withstand the heat from a fireplace?
Yes, most faux stone veneers are specifically designed for fireplaces and can withstand the heat produced by regular use. However, it is essential to check the manufacturer’s specifications to ensure the product is suitable for high-temperature environments.
2. How do I clean and maintain a faux stone fireplace surround?
Cleaning faux stone veneers is simple – a mild detergent solution and a soft brush or cloth will suffice. Avoid abrasive cleaners or tools that may damage the surface. Regular dusting and occasional resealing (if recommended by the manufacturer) will help maintain the appearance of your surround.
III. Tile Fireplace Surrounds: Versatile and Affordable
Tiles offer versatility in design, allowing you to create a fireplace surround that suits any style or theme. Whether you prefer classic ceramic tiles or modern glass mosaic tiles, this option offers endless possibilities at an affordable price point.
To install tile surrounds, start by measuring the area accurately and choosing tiles that complement your desired aesthetic. Ceramic tiles are generally more budget-friendly, while natural stone or glass tiles can add a touch of luxury if within your budget. Use tile adhesive to affix the tiles to the surface and finish with grout to ensure a secure and finished look.
1. Can I install tiles over an existing fireplace surround?
Yes, it is possible to install tiles
If you have a brick fireplace surround that looks outdated or mismatched with your home’s interior, a fresh coat of paint can work wonders in transforming its appearance. Painting your brick surround is a cost-effective way to update its look while maintaining its durability.
There are a few steps you can follow to paint your brick fireplace surround:
1. Clean the surface: Use a stiff brush and warm, soapy water to scrub away any dirt, grime, or soot from the bricks. Rinse thoroughly and allow it to dry completely before proceeding.
2. Protect the surrounding area: Cover the floor and furniture around the fireplace with drop cloths or plastic sheets to prevent any paint splatters or spills.
3. Prime the surface: Apply a coat of masonry primer to help the paint adhere better to the bricks. Use a brush or roller to evenly distribute the primer and let it dry according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
4. Choose your paint: Select a high-quality latex paint suitable for masonry surfaces. Opt for a color that complements your interior decor and personal style.
5. Apply the paint: Start by cutting in around the edges of the bricks with a brush, then use a roller to cover larger areas. Apply multiple thin coats rather than one thick coat for better coverage and durability. Allow each coat to dry before applying the next.
6. Add finishing touches: Once the final coat is dry, inspect the fireplace surround for any missed spots or uneven areas. Touch up as needed and remove any painter’s tape or protective coverings.
7. Maintain the painted surface: Keep your newly painted brick surround looking fresh by regularly dusting and cleaning it with a mild soap solution.
Remember, painting your brick fireplace surround is a permanent change, so make sure you are satisfied with your color choice before proceeding. It’s also recommended to consult with professionals or do thorough research if you have specific concerns or unique circumstances related to your fireplace surround.